Friday 27 May 2016

Like being engulfed in icy wind and rain, but in a good way


I was recently sent some promo for the Swedish band Pink Milk, and their new track 'Detroit', which prompted the following two observations:

Firstly, there are a helluva lot of good bands coming out of Sweden lately, aren't there?

Secondly, Shoegaze travelled the world, and the repercussions of this are now very apparent.

Neither of these observations are new, it was just that listening to Pink Milk reminded me of them.

'Detroit' is not a particularly summery track, but given the variance of weather locally this week, I'm happy to let that one go.

It has a ferocious glacial elegance to it, and is rather akin to standing in a wind tunnel while being engulfed in icy wind and rain, but in a good way.

I am looking forward to hearing more from them, but might give their cover of Foreigner's 'I wanna know what love is' a miss...

No comments:

Post a Comment